With spring weather fast approaching, it’s time to get out and enjoy some of Ningbo’s beautiful mountainous scenery that lies just outside the city. On this weekend, April 4th and 5th, a group cycling and camping trip is getting together to ride out from UNNC to Tong Cun, near Dongqian Lake. The route is a round-trip total of 70km, including a 600m climb over 7km. Not super intense, but you’ll definitely have a chance to get some serious exercise!
The event is still open to registration, which folks can do by completing the form below. But first, here’s what you need to know:
- 09.30 meet at Nottingham campus
- 10.00 leave Nottingham campus
- 12.00 lunch at mountain top
- 14.00 roll down into the valley
- 16.00 arrive at lake-side campsite
- Set up tents, build camp fire, get extra food and drink from local town
- 18.00 Cooking, swimming and campfire
- 08.30 (optional) bamboo forest hike
- 09.00 Breakfast
- 09.30 (optional) lake swim
- 10.00 Pack up and leave
- 12.00 Stop at mountain-side pool for a dip
- 14.00 Continue up mountain, brief stop at top, continue on to Nottingham
- 16.00 Arrive Nottingham
|200 RMB per person for guided tour only
- Maintained bicycle: 120
- Camping equipment: 120
(sleeping bag, roll matt, tent space)
|What you need to bring
- Sun glasses
- Comfortable rucksack holding…
- Snacks and sports drink
- Sun screen
- Mosquito repellant
- Change of clothes (in a waterproof bag)
- Swimwear, flip flops and towel
- Head torch
- Toilet paper
- Cash for food and drink
- You need to be fit enough to be able to cycle 35km in day including a long uphill ride. The uphill is a challenge but manageable for anyone of average fitness. We will adjust the pace based on the group.
- For those that just want to camp, you are welcome to join us for free. We can give you location details.
- We don’t offer insurance.
- A 50% deposit needs to be paid a week in advance.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
There will be subsequent trips organized in the coming months. To sign up for e-mail updates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.